Contributors

MY ETSY STORE: Feather Earrings!

My Etsy Store!

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

How to Wear Leather Without Scaring People



I try to shop for feathers in unique locations so that my suppliers are exclusive and my products stay original! This weekend I came across a fabulous scrap leather retailer and I thought,
"I HAVE TO MAKE SOMETHING WITH FEATHERS AND LEATHER!"

I purchased some beautiful black scrap leather and made these beautiful and unique leather and feather wrist cuffs using crystals, silver, thick black leather, deep blue feathers, long black and white feathers, and silver chains.

Leather is hot right now. Fashion comes in cycles and its leather's turn again! Leather crop jackets, leather vests and corsets are all over the streets of Hollywood! And I am a firm believer that "If its not on the streets, then its not fashion" (Coco Chanel). The "Rocker Look" is more accessible than ever and it is a very easy look to pull off. First of all, you do not have to be dressed in head to toe leather to look like a Rock Star!

Often, you only need one or two bold accessories to pull off the look. For example, a fringe leather vest over a feminine blouse can give you a edgy look with out making you look like you fell off someones motorcycle!

Here are a few pieces I found on Forever21.com that are perfect for those seeking an edgier look without going all the way!







www.hideyourfeathers.etsy.com

2 comments:

  1. Your leather wrist cuffs are so cool, I love them! They're even more gorgeous in person. Thanks for posting these fashion tips, some of us out there are just overwhelmed by fashion trends and you break things down so simply!

    Best of luck with Hide Your Feathers, you are incredibly talented and you deserve all of your success! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That leather wrist cuff is awesome looking, as well as the other stuff you make. I haven't bought anything yet, but I will as soon as I get money. :)

    I wish you the best of luck with everything. You deserve it! :)

    - Alex :)

    ReplyDelete