Contributors

MY ETSY STORE: Feather Earrings!

My Etsy Store!

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

You Have To Jump to Fly!

I cant believe this all started only a few months ago! My Jewelry company Hide Your Feathers is now occupying most of my time, and I'm loving it!

A week before the kick off of Glam nation, my good friend Tommy Ratliff called me to let me know that he had referred my design work to the band, and that Camila Gray, the keyboardist would be giving me call. I was so happy to hear that Tommy was actively promoting me, he has always been very supportive of my art.
I exchanged some emails with Camila and came up with some custom orders based on vague email descriptions and pictures of her that i found on Google. For jewelry design, hair color and length is important and I didn't know what she looked prior to our email exchange.

Camila requested jewelry for the Glam Nation Tour and for this i tried to incorporate her Urban-Indie-Boho style with a bit of stage glam! She also requested pieces for photo shoots with her personal music project UH HUH HER.

I will be creating replicas of the pieces I made for her and posting them on my blog in the next week or so.

I also took the opportunity to create more pieces for Adam Lambert. I created the GLAMBERT FEATHER HAIR EXTENSION. www.HideYourFeathers.Etsy.com


For this piece, I referenced to colors and styles Adam has worn in the past, and put my own personal twist on it! The Deep blue is a fabulous stage color, and the length and wiring adds a dramatic flare! I also created a feather brooch that I will unveil later in the week.



According to Tommy, my work has caught the attention of an important stylist, but I am not at liberty to speak of the details! If this goes through, you will all be the first to hear about!

~Chantala
@hideurfeathers



4 comments:

  1. *flails* I'm SOOOO excited for you! Crossing my fingers that the deal goes through! Can't wait to see what else you made for Cam and Uh Huh Her. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so very wonderful. There is nothing as terrific as the feeling of being able to be successful doing what you love :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. This makes me so happy!! Tommy is such a great friend and you deserve to be well known in the whole USA!!!And world!Cause your work is our gorgeous! Cam looks so great with your creations:)
    Can't wait to know who the stylist is:D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am SO excited for you and hope that everything works out for you to be a huge rock star in jewelry, hair and accessory design! Your designs are truly the BEST I've seen and I will continue to buy from you! I'm so thankful that you've made your exclusive designs available to all of us so that we can be as fabulous and glam as Adam! :)

    ReplyDelete