Contributors

MY ETSY STORE: Feather Earrings!

My Etsy Store!

Monday, November 29, 2010

Tommy is gonna be on TV!!!!!

Warning: If you are overly sensitive and overly defensive turn back now!!!! You will be offended. If you are planning on leaving the house, don't. Lots of other things might offend you/hurt your feelings/upset you.

  Vicariously living through your friends is fun! You can imagine my delight when my friend Tommy Ratliff landed a gig with Adam Lambert! I spent about a week doing his make up everyday for the audition process. I felt like I was part of the excitement. Tommy was born to be a rock star! That giant hair-do needed to be appreciated and adored by the masses. Once he secured a spot in the band as keyboardist/bassist he told his friends about his debut at the American Music Awards! I was so proud. Burbank is a relatively small city--when somebody makes it, we celebrate! I made sure to be home in time to watch. I innocently told my parents and siblings and we made a night out of it. We popped popcorn and gathered in the den.


















































Dad is a beer drinking mechanic. His masculinity was sorely wounded. Mom thought it was quality entertainment! Cookie was not available for comment.




Little sister was asleep so she didn't think anything.






And then for some reason (which I still cannot explain) everyone looked at me for answers. Everyone wanted to know how and why! I explained to my family that despite my awesomeness, I did not choreograph the Adam Lambert AMA performance.



                                                                          THE END


xo
Feathers ( Follow me on Twitter here)

If you like what you see help me keep the Blog alive by Retweeting and Reposting the link to your friends! (:

29 comments:

  1. I love your blurgs - but, comment posting is a pain since you can't use twatter so, jumping through the hoops to leave a comment shows you how much. ;) These cartoons are A+ and LMAO at your shocked face and the parents reactions. I agree with your mom though and thought it was quality entertainment. \o/

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL *laughing with tears in mah eyes*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol! Loved this! I made a family night out of it too. My entire family was in shock while I cheered from my seat on the couch \o/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute but I can't help but wonder what you think these days. I am looking for a "Tommy does GN" followup blurg. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. As Tommy's friend, it must have been quie a ride watching Adam's career bloom this year and Tommy's small part in it. :) I hope he and the entire band are around for a long time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a way to wake up... I am still LMFAO. *with tears in eyes* even when I knew what was coming. priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh thank you for the laugh that I sorely needed this morning! I love your artistic re-enactment of that pivotal moment in music history :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. LMAO that was beautiful. I always love the illustrations. I too watched it with my parents, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  9. lmfao - your cartoons are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think I had that same "paused popcorn" look on my face too! LOL Funny! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG!! If I wasn't at work, I'd totally be laughing out loud for real!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You guys rock! Thank you for all of the comments and LOLs :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I shouldn't be laughing until I cry at work. I get very strange looks. The interpretation of your parents' reactions... LOL...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Girl, you are awesomesauce!

    ReplyDelete
  15. A friend you are...with unconditional LUV and support is awesome to see. A sense of humour and artisitic talent to boot! That was exactly my experience a well, you captured it well! Best wishes to you as you pursue your goals..and long live the band!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is hilariious! Its something that could have happened in my family!

    ReplyDelete
  17. LMAO!!!! also, there is far too much cute in your cartoons!!!! Love love love, moare moare moare!!!! ♥♥♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  18. I explained to my family that despite my awesomeness, I did not choreograph the Adam Lambert AMA performance. Well you ARE pretty awesome, I can see how they got confused.

    I love your blurg. The illustrations are amazing <3 <3 <3 <3 <3
    freckles_slayme

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh thank you so much for this-you rock!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. the transition from cartoon to photo came just at the right moment. omg your parents XD

    ReplyDelete
  21. OMG I think your reaction panel with the popcorn and your mouth hanging open is my favorite LOL

    These cartoons are so adorable and I look forward to them every time!!! <3 Ha *bookmarks*

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love this post Tommy is very lucky to have such an amazing friend who is funny and talented as you are. Keep the post coming i look forward to reading more. plus to warn you i do stalk you on twitter not sure if you follow me back but i'm the dork that goes by (becca112971) so you'll know in case you feel the need to run. hugs and will be waiting to read more.

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is seriously my favorite thing ever.
    I keep coming back to look at it again (:

    ReplyDelete
  24. hahahahaha @ Mr Lonely commenting up there!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHA! Oh my GOD. I literally can't breathe. Crying here. Hahahahahahahha. I feel this is the appropriate moment to email this blog to all of my family members. <333 THANK YOU for giving me an excuse to put off court case analyses for just a moment longer!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh you have to finish the story! He's said he got so many texts after the show his cell battery ran out. Any more fun deets would be much appreciated.

    And by the way the drawings are so absolutely full of awesome I cannot stand it.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I explained to my family that despite my awesomeness, I did not choreograph the Adam Lambert AMA performance. Well you ARE pretty awesome, I can see how they got confused.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh you have to finish the story! He's

    ReplyDelete
  29. Are you tired of being human, having talented brain turning to a vampire in a good posture in ten minutes, Do you want to have power and influence over others, To be charming and desirable, To have wealth, health, without delaying in a good human posture and becoming an immortal? If yes, these your chance. It's a world of vampire where life get easier,We have made so many persons vampires and have turned them rich, You will assured long life and prosperity, You shall be made to be very sensitive to mental alertness, Stronger and also very fast, You will not be restricted to walking at night only even at the very middle of broad day light you will be made to walk, This is an opportunity to have the human vampire virus to perform in a good posture. If you are interested contact us on Vampirelord7878@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete