Contributors

MY ETSY STORE: Feather Earrings!

My Etsy Store!

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

My Christmas Eve

I spend every Christmas Eve with my dad's side of the family. My aunt and uncle have two children and lots of... lizards. My aunt also has a lot of extended family, most of which are 65+.

My Uncle Red just so happens to have traveled around the world... many times. While he was telling me all about his travels, I asked for any travel recommendations he might have! I figured he would know best. Instead I wound up trapped in an endless conversation as he talked in circles and circles...

Somewhere in his confusing speech, I'm pretty sure he called me "husky." Bastard.

I checked out of our "conversation" and checked back into my drink.

I love children but there were so many of them! Why are there always hundreds of random children running around on Christmas? My aunt's children, plus her neighbors, plus my siblings = 1.5 billion children. They own a lot of pets -- mainly reptiles. They make me hold them, but you can't really hold a lizard. All you can do is sit still while it climbs up your neck and latches into your hair.

 I stayed on top of my eggnog and took my annual Christmas eve nap in the den. Every year my parents get upset that I fall asleep, but I say it's tradition. In all it was a nice holiday.

Spending time with family can be painful -- be happy you only have to do it a few times a year.

Happy New Year!

3 comments:

  1. i hear roasted lizards taste just like chicken. ;) and yes, i am happy i only have to do the whole family holiday thing a few times a year. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm with you glad the family thing only comes once a year and love the whole lizard visual to funny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a ~fun time o.O
    Pissed-off Feathers is adorable tho! ♥♥♥ lol

    ReplyDelete