Contributors

MY ETSY STORE: Feather Earrings!

My Etsy Store!

Friday, April 23, 2010

Cookie -- The Real Rock Star.




My Dog Cookie is a rock star. She was beamed from another planet to torture us with her unbearable cuteness. And watch out, those big brown eyes will eat you alive....









My Mom brought cookie home about 10 months ago, form my little sister's friend's house. Cookie was being repeatedly attacked by the families older dog, and we were looking for a friend for our other poodle sally. She was Trembling and cried every time you put her down for the first two weeks at my house.

She is a big girl now, clocking in at three times the weight of our poodle sally. She is my co pilot, my personal assistant, my shadow and my partner in crime. I couldn't ask for a better dog, she loves children and babies and has never snapped at anything. The only thing that bugs Cookie is when Mr.Holly, my parakeet, steals the kibbles out of her food dish.

Cookie requires 24/7 love and attention. She'll cry when I'm watching TV sometimes because she wants my undivided attention, and eye contact. Her eyes are so big and expressive it freaks me out sometimes.

She came with me on my Mission to drop off some presents at Tommy's house from his fans. Cookie Rocked her Ray Bands and hit the road with me and my girlfriend. She wore the glasses all the way to his house. In the picture above she is attempting to hypnotize him with her Super powers and it worked.

Cookie is has her secrets. Shes loves to hunt crickets, and roll in anything disgusting like mud or cat poop. She rolls in something almost every week. I think she just might like the attention of getting a bath ^-^

Cookie is going to be a licensed therapy dog like Sally when she gets a little bit older. She doesn't know her commands very well. Sally can sit, speak, roll over, lay down, hop on two legs, and hop in circles on her back legs. Cookie know "Sientese" ("sit" in Spanish) and that's it. However Cookie has already had practice in therapy. One time, I found a lady crying in my driveway. She told me that my house was her childhood home and that her brother had passed away last week. She wanted to look at their hand prints and initials in the driveway. I didn't know what to say to her so I handed cookie to her. She sat on the concrete and cried into Cookie for almost 20 minutes. Cookie licked her cheeks and wagged her little tail and had the lady smiling. Cookie is a little angel.

6 comments:

  1. Oh that is just so damn sweet, and seh is cute as anything!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaaawwwww!!! What a sweetheart she is! That last bit made me tear up. It's amazing how animals know when someone is sad and they know just what to do to cheer them up. My two cats do the same thing. They know when I'm not feeling well or when I'm upset and they do their best to cheer me up.

    I'm not sure I've ever seen a dog with such expressive eyes before like Cookie has. I love it when you tweet about her. Definitely one of the most adorable dogs ever. :3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cookie is too presh. Aww that poor lady - thank goodness Cookie could comfort her. :(
    Those big eyes are adorable. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cookie is such a sweetheart. I love all the pictures you post of her. Is she a bichon and Sally is a poodle, or are they both poodles? I love that she'll wear glasses and bows and she is so snuggly! Even Tommy cannot resist the Cookie-power!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We rescued Gatsby too! We don't know what situation he came from, but he was clearly kept from experiencing the joys of being a dog.

    He, thankfully, doesn't roll in the stinky stuff, but it does take him forever to learn the things YOU want him to learn.

    He's best for snuggling and naps since he seems to have the velcro part down. Hands down, best "teddy bear" ever.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My Mum was a therapist and she had this amazing bear, his name is Monty. He used to go home with people to help them. If a bear could give so much to someone, I can only imagine what Cookie could do.

    ReplyDelete