Contributors

MY ETSY STORE: Feather Earrings!

My Etsy Store!

Monday, April 19, 2010

A Few Humble Makeup Suggestions





I may not be a professional makeup artist, but I do every one's makeup on club nights, date nights, before weddings, before concerts, and job interviews. I've done makeup for runway models and photo shoots. To me, makeup artistry is like another extension of painting. For anyone who's interested, here are some good brands that I recommend:

I suggest Estde Lauder's Light Coverage Foundation for Oily Skin, and for those interested in a satin finish that works for light daytime makeup. For those with mild to moderate acne and oily skin, I recommend Mac Studio Fix Foundation. It offers flawless coverage and it will last for hours. I use Mac Studio Fix Foundation on Tommy because it stays on even when he gets sweaty on stage. ;)

For eyelashes, I recommend Great Lash Mascara from Maybelline. For those looking to spend a little bit more, Dior Show Mascara and Urban Decay Big Fatty Mascara. I use Great Lash Mascara on Tommy because he already has giraffe eyelashes, and putting Urban Decay on him would make him prettier than me, and we can't have that.

For cheeks, I recommend Physician's Formula Shimmering Bronzer in gold-bronze and peach. They're earthy and the shimmer brightens your skin without making you look like a daytime hooker. For those looking to spend a little more, and who are seeking a more dramatic look, I recommend Channel's Blush in Rose Cache. I use this brand on Tommy because it makes for great stage makeup and really highlights his cheekbones.

For Lips I always suggest wearing Chap Stick under your lipstick or gloss. It creates a barrier between your lipstick and your skin and keeps it from being absorbed into your lips. I love Bert's Bees Chap stick, cherry is my flavor of choice! I highly recommend using a natural chapstick without The ingredient "Camphor." Camphor is highly allergenic and is dangerous to ingest therefore shouldn't be rubbed all over your mouth.
You do not have to spend a lot for great lipstick and gloss. Loreal's Outlast Lipstick is cheap and lasts for hours! Milani is another great drugstore brand. They make beautiful lip glosses and lip shimmers. For those looking to spend a little bit more, I suggest MAC Lipstick. MAC is a good choice for those looking for a bright and bold colors! For those looking for a more natural color and application, I suggest a lip stain from Benefit. A lip stain is a translucent liquid applied to the lips like a lip gloss. It is absorbed into the lips laving a matte finish that lasts all day! I use Milanis Lipgloss in Hot Glittery Pink on Tommy! :)
-Chantala

7 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for this! I love makeup, but I'm totally hopeless at it. I finally found the right foundation, but that's as far as I've gotten. It's nice to have a little guidance, and I look forward to your eye and lip suggestions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. About the Milanis, where can you get it? I don't wear lipstick, I prefer glosses and stains, which drugstore is it available? TY :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very informative! I'm still a beginner... great chapstick tip. Been noticing from some time back that Tommy does look outstanding whenever you do his makeup. I didn't know it was you back then, but no way he coulda done all that himself. Ha... :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know I'm going to be addicted to your blog :)

    Good idea to advise on the cheaper brands option for products too. They are often as good as the pricey brands.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omg! Your blog layout is soooo cool! I love the falling feathers. :)

    Can't wait for you to start uploading those tutorials. Maybe you can film them with your camera. I know my camera records movies. We should shoot it together! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this is so cool! Ihopeyoutalk about actual technique too. Especially for eyes. I never can get eyes right.

    ReplyDelete
  7. pls write more about makeup tips & tricks! can you pls make some youtube videos someday? i know there're a LOT of makeup gurus on there but i bet you're no less good than them!!

    ReplyDelete