Contributors

MY ETSY STORE: Feather Earrings!

My Etsy Store!

Monday, October 25, 2010

5 am

Good morning hole in my chest. I see you're still here.


The only logical explanation is that I am borrowing someone elses body.
Left in the intense company of a stranger.
And now to make the decision of what to drag with me and what to leave behind.

Caught somewhere in the in between....
I wish you would just let me take care of you
So that I don't have to take care of myself.

And address tapping on my window at night
Reminding me of what I was really thinking
 In what I thought was my final moment
For the second time this year.

Although I know that I am already more or less of the person I always will be.

5 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous and very poignant. What will fill the hole, I wonder? *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Incredible! You see, the bigger your chest-hole, the more beautiful your poetry. I could talk a bit about holes, but I think that conversation would either become a) very, very depressing or b) very, very, VERY dirty. Maybe both?

    But this poem is gorgeous, especially because I know the thoughts behind it. You should write more poetry, Chantala. Hidden talent.

    -OGM

    ReplyDelete
  3. I fill chest holes with sour cream

    ReplyDelete