Contributors

MY ETSY STORE: Feather Earrings!

My Etsy Store!

Thursday, November 18, 2010

SERENDIPITY SAYS: Yes, You Should Keep a "Betty Crocker" House!

[Here is our first installment of Serendipity Says: An Advice Column! I calls em like I sees em. Got a problem and want to be featured in our blog? You know where to find me.]



Dear Serendipity,

 I have been living with my boyfriend for a year. At first it was really fun and he even let me quit my job! He said that he made enough money and that I shouldnt have to work. But now things are different. I feel like his roommate now. We never have sex and he gets mad when he comes home from work and his "laundry isn't done." Is he being a sexist, I mean should I be expected to keep a Betty Crocker house? 

-Forgotten





Dear Forgotten...

What? You quit your job and moved in with your boyfriend?

Quitting a job and "moving in" is something you do with a husband. If you're moving in with a boyfriend, never quit your job, it's your only escape route. And how old is this guy? Old enough to know better, I suspect, if he has enough money to own a house. You, my friend, have become a Kept Woman. Not only have you become a Kept Woman, you willing agreed to it!

So you feel like his roommate, huh? Guess what -- it's because you are. Yes, you should keep a Betty Crocker house! Because you're not working and just lying around all day living off of his money! If I was a hardworking man and my girlfriend lived with me (who I would have proposed to by now -- has he?), then I'd expect to come home to a spotless house every day. Otherwise, what the hell are you doing? Relationships rely on reciprocity -- an equal give and take. If you're living together, whoever brings in the most money will have more authority in the home. Women become housekeepers if they don't bring in money. There is no such thing as a "free ride," and believe me, if the roles were switched you'd want him doing your laundry too! It's not sexist, it's only fair.

If you want your relationship back, I suggest getting a job and getting your own place, or at least "renting" a room from him. However, the best resolution no matter what you do would be a big fat BREAK UP. Sounds to me like you're treading water and miserable. Have fun playing wife with no commitment, or get some balls and reclaim your independence. There will always be Another Man.

Much, much love (and cookies),

-Serendipity

2 comments:

  1. Are you tired of being human, having talented brain turning to a vampire in a good posture in ten minutes, Do you want to have power and influence over others, To be charming and desirable, To have wealth, health, without delaying in a good human posture and becoming an immortal? If yes, these your chance. It's a world of vampire where life get easier,We have made so many persons vampires and have turned them rich, You will assured long life and prosperity, You shall be made to be very sensitive to mental alertness, Stronger and also very fast, You will not be restricted to walking at night only even at the very middle of broad day light you will be made to walk, This is an opportunity to have the human vampire virus to perform in a good posture. If you are interested contact us on Vampirelord7878@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete